Information for Arriving Students
For information and instructions on what you need to do before coming to Austria, please consult the website of the Admissions Office.
For further information on Health Care, Medical Services & Insurance at CEU please check here.
For the entire duration of their studies (i.e. for any period exceeding 3 months) a residence permit is required for all non-EEA citizens (in German: “Aufenthaltsbewilligung”). For EEA citizens (with the exception of national citizens) a registration certificate (in German: “Anmeldebescheinigung”) is required.
For further information please select the category that applies to you:
CEU ID Card
To get an ID card your program coordinator must verify your presence in the student database. The printing of your ID card normally takes 2–3 days. When it is ready you will get an e-mail notification and be able to pick it up at reception.
- Informing students on all matters related to Accommodation, Health Insurance and Residence Status, in particular at the start of the Academic Year
- Coordinating residential arrangements with ZOOM in Austria and the CEU Residence Center in Hungary
- Establishing a solid framework to ensure that international students fulfill all requirements for adequate health insurance and legal residency in Austria or Hungary
- Supervising all categories of Health Insurance
- Organizing and coordinating the arrival and leaving procedures for students
- Arranging locker keys and other equipment like bikes, ect.
- Organizing Well-being Days and other small events
- Answering questions about student life in Vienna
The Student Records Office (SRO) provides a wide array of services related to the academic aspect of studying at CEU.
The office is responsible for overseeing enrollment, course registration, credit transfer, the preparation of diplomas, issuing transcripts and certificates upon request, as well as keeping students’ academic records. It also monitors the submission of grades, and administers the conferring of various academic achievement awards, provides assistance regarding degree verification, and manages some functions of the university's information systems related to academic matters.
You have to fill in this form (German) and submit the form to any municipal office in person. Find more information about opening hours and appointment bookings here. For an English translation of the form please click here.