Student Services and Accommodation
CEU is, by nature, an international university with the absolute majority of students being non-native to Austria. The welfare of international students is therefore at the centre of all CEU’s student services which are co-ordinated through the Student Life Office/Vienna Student Center to:
- organize student arrival and leaving procedures and assist with visa arrangements;
- administer student registration for the purpose of residence in Hungary and Vienna;
- provide support with housing arrangements and maintain an apartment database;
- oversee student enrollment in the CEU Health Insurance Plan and other medical insurance arrangements;
- organize university-wide student social, cultural and out-of-class activities;
- provide day-to-day assistance to students on an as-needed basis
All CEU services operate in English and have other European and third-country language capacities. Numerous cultural events at CEU expose students to Central European cultural traditions throughout the year. The social experience in a multicultural, multinational environment is one of the best aspects of study at CEU.
- Information for prospective students at CEU
- Do I need a visa to Austria?
- Information on residence permits
- Visa and Residence Troubleshooter 2020/21
- Pre-departure checklist
- CEU in Vienna
- Health Care/ Medical Services/ Insurance at CEU Budapest and Vienna
- Student employment and the Career Services Office
- Student policies
- Student Union
- Student Records Office (SRO)
- Emergency Services
It is mandatory to register yourself in Vienna with the local authorities. You have to fill in this form (German) and submit it in person in one of the Residence Registration Service Centers. For an English translation of the form please click here.
CEU provides accommodation in OeAD Guesthouses: Sechshauser straße, Simmeringer Hauptstraße and in shared apartments (Zoom Entertainment) for master's students whose financial aid award includes housing. Students eligible for housing should not contact OeAD Student Housing and Zoom apartments directly, CEU makes housing arrangements for them.
Students who have not been offered housing as part of their financial aid award should arrange their own accommodation. For useful information on housing providers for non-eligible students, please click here.
Vienna offers student dormitories for various needs and preferences. You can find a list of dormitories/housing providers below if you would like to explore other possibilities. Please note that some dormitories might request your CEU acceptance offer when applying for a room.
*Please note that some of the information provided here is only relevant for students staying in OeAD student housing (picking up keys, leaving procedure, etc.).