Dora Almassy is a post-doc researcher affiliated with the Environmental Sciences and Policy Department of CEU. Since 2017 January, she has been involved in Naturvation (Nature- based Urban Innovation), a four-year, Horizon 2020 research project on the assessment of nature-based solutions in cities. Within the framework of Naturvation, she contributed to the development of the Urban Nature Atlas, the largest database on nature-based solutions in Europe; to the assessment of social impacts of nature-based solutions; and the development of the Urban Nature Explorer, a scenario game to address sustainability challenges through nature-based solutions.
- PhD (2020) Environmental Sciences and Policy, Central European University (Budapest, Hungary). Thesis title: We care about what we measure: Assessing implementation capacities at the national level for the environmental Sustainable Development Goals.
- Post-graduate degree (2008), Business Management, Sciences Po (Paris, France)
- MSc (2007) Economics, Finance and Accounting, University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- Almassy, D. and Pinter L. (2018) Environmental governance indicators and indices in support of policy-making in Bell, Simon and Morse, Stephen, editors (2018) Routledge Handbook of Sustainability Indicators. Routledge, London: UK.
- Almassy, D., Pinter, L., Rocha, S., Naumann, S., Davis, M., Abhold, K., Bulkeley, H. (2018) Urban Nature Atlas: A Database of Nature-Based Solutions Across 100 European Cities. URL.
- Pinter, L., Kok M., Almassy, D. (2015) Measuring Progress in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in Kanie, Norichika, and Frank Biermann, editors. 2017. Governing through Goals: Sustainable Development Goals as Governance Innovation. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Almassy D. (2015) Who will pay for the Sustainable Development Goals? Asia-Europe Foundation. Singapore.
- Pinter, L., Almassy, D., Bizikova L. (2015) MDG Experience Regarding Land-Related Environmental Issues and Lessons for Implementation of the Post-2015 Agenda. Background report to the UN WESS 2014/2015. Winnipeg, Canada.
- Pinter, L., Almassy, D., Czunyi, S and Offerdahl, K. (2015) Global Goals and the Environment: Progress and Prospects. The International Institute for Sustainable Development. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. URL.
- McGuinn, J., Varbova, V. and Almassy, D. INTERREG IVC Thematic Programme Capitalization study on the topic of climate change. European Union ERDF: INTERREG IVC. Lille, France.
- Pinter, L., Almassy, D., Antonio, E., Niestroy, I., Olsen, S. and Pulawska, G. (2014), Sustainable Development Goals for a Small Planet: Connecting the global to the national level in 14 countries of Asia-Pacific and Europe. Asia-Europe Foundation. Singapore. URL.
- Pinter, L., Almassy, D., Hatakeyama S. (2014) Sustainable Development Goals and Indicators for a Small Planet. Part II. Measuring Sustainability. Asia-Europe Foundation. Singapore. URL.
- Almassy, D. (2014) Handbook for ASEAN Member States Government Officials on Climate Change and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Hanns Seidel Foundation. Hanoi, Viet Nam.
Research interest: environmental governance and monitoring, environmental policy assessment and evaluation, nature-based solutions and green infrastructures, climate change, SDGs