The Department operates two Masters programs:
The 2-year Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management (MESPOM)
is operated in partnership with three other leading European institutions for environmental research and postgraduate education - Lund University (Sweden), the University of the Aegean (Greece) and the University of Manchester (UK).
See more information at http://mespom.eu
- January 3, 2019*: DEADLINE for EMJMD scholarship applicants.
- April 11, 2019*: DEADLINE for self-financing applications.
Masters Program in Environmental Sciences & Policy (MESP)
is a one-year Masters degree program. More information is available here.
- January 31, 2019*: DEADLINE for applicants who wish to be considered for CEU financial aid.
- May 1, 2019*: DEADLINE for self-financing applicants for citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA area and require a study visa.
- August 30, 2019*: DEADLINE for self-financing applicants from EU/EEA countries.
Detailed information on admissions for both Masters programs can be found here.
In addition to meeting the general CEU admissions requirements (see Application Checklist), applicants to either of the two Master's programs at the Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy must write a statement (maximum 350 words) addressing:
a) the origins of their interest in environmental issues;
b) how they hope to benefit from the program;
c) their future career plans; and
d) their relevant special interests.
Successful candidates will also normally have some work experience in a field related to the environment. Applicants to both the Masters Programs and MESPOM must have at least a Bachelor's degree. Students accepted on the department's Master's programs normally have first degrees in subjects related to environmental sciences, policy or management such as biology, geography, chemistry, engineering, business administration or economics. Candidates with other first degrees will also be considered if they show a commitment to environmental issues, usually through work experience.
*(23:59 CET, Central European Time)